Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dry Socket

If you read my previous post, you know that I just had my wisdom teeth taken out. Its been 6 days since the unholy day and I have been mostly fine, eerily fine even. Except last night I woke at 3 AM to an unbearable searing pain on the left side of my face. After diagnosing myself in the only way a "Gen.comer" knows (the Internet), turns out I have dry socket. Oh yes folks, DRY SOCKET. Just hearing the term is like nails on a chalkboard. Ever hear of the twinkie defense? Well, if I do something really evil or violent I think I can claim dry socket defense. Oh yea, dry socket only happens to about 5% of people who have a tooth extraction, lucky me!

In reading up on my condition, I stumbled upon a particularly comical blog post about a guy who pretty much had the same exact experience though he was able to, I'll put this lightly, give a much more adequate description of the experience. I only wish I could have written it, because it pretty much sums up exactly whats going on with me at the moment. Hey- at least I'm not alone!

Go here:

Wisdom: A Tale of Dental Redemption



No comments: